She is currently the head of the ‘Stable Isotope and Traceability’ unit in Fondazione Edmund Mach. Her main areas of research concern the application of stable isotope ratio analysis of bio-elements to food, aimed at characterising geographical origin and controlling and protecting quality and authenticity. She has been involved in several projects funded by European agencies (currently the FOOD INTEGRITY FP7 and the MASSTWIN H2020) and by national (recently AGER ENOLOGIA), regional and private agencies. She is the scientific coordinator of the Italian wine isotopic data bank (EC Reg. 555/2008; from 2007) and the coordinator of the Stable Isotope Italian group. She is the author of over 100 scientific papers (76 in WEB OF SCIENCE with 996 citations and h index of 17) and over 100 communications at national and international conferences.
FIVE KEY PUBLICATIONS RELATED WITH THE PROJECT SCOPE
- Camin F., Bontempo L., Heinrich K., Horacek K., Kelly S.D., Schlicht C., Thomas F., Monahan F., Hoogewerff J., Rossman A. (2007). Multi-element (H,C,N,S) stable isotope characteristics of lamb meat from different European regions. Analytical & bioanalytical chemistry, 389, (1): 309-320.
- Camin F., Larcher R., Nicolini G., Bontempo L., Bertoldi D., Perini M., Schlicht C, Schellenberg A., Thomas F., Heinrich K., Voerkelius S., Horacek M., Ueckermann E, Froeschl H., Wimmer B., Heiss G., Baxter M., Rossmann A., Hoogewerff J. (2010) Isotopic and elemental data for tracing the origin of European olive oils. J. Agric. Food Chem. 58, 570–577, DOI:10.1021/jf902814s.
- Camin F, Wehrens R, Bertoldi D., Bontempo L., Ziller L, Perini M, Nicolini G, Nocetti M, Larcher R. (2012) H, C, N and S stable isotopes and mineral profiles to objectively guarantee the authenticity of grated hard cheeses. Analytica Chimica Acta 711 54– 59, 10.1016/j.aca.2011.10.047
- van Leeuwen KA.,. Prenzler P.D., Ryan D., Camin F. (2014) Gas Chromatography-Combustion-Isotope Ratio Mass Spectrometry for Traceability and Authenticity in Food Stuffs and Beverages. Comprehensive Reviews in Food Science and Food Safety. COMPREHENSIVE REVIEWS IN FOOD SCIENCE AND FOOD SAFETY , 13/5, 814-837.
- Camin, F. , Pavone, A., Bontempo, L., Wehrens, R., Paolini, M., Faberi, A., Marianella, R.M., Capitani, D., Vista, S., Mannina, L. (2016) The use of IRMS, 1H NMR and chemical analysis to characterise Italian and imported Tunisian olive oils. Food Chemistry, Volume 196, 1 April 2016, Pages 98-105