JOSE LUIS ARAUS
Professor of Plant Physiology at the University of Barcelona (1993) and Professor ICREA Academia from the Government of Catalonia (2013). He is PI of several international projects (EU and elsewhere) and co-author on near 200 publications in SCI and SSCI Journals, with h-index (Google Scholar) of 54. My main research is focussed on: i) Photosynthetic C and N metabolism, abiotic stresses and productivity in crop species; ii) Development of ecophysiological traits and tools to use in breeding programs; iii) Paleoreconstruction of the agricultural conditions in the antiquity using stable isotopes and iv) effect of heavy metals in plants.
FIVE KEY PUBLICATIONS RELATED WITH THE PROJECT SCOPE
- Sanchez-Bragado, R., Molero, G., Reynolds, M.P. Araus, J.L. 2016. Photosynthetic contribution of the ear to grain filling in wheat: a comparison of different methodologies for evaluation. Journal of Experimental Botany. doi: 10.1093/jxb/erw116 (IF = 5.526)
- Araus, J.L., Cairns, J. 2014. Field high-throughput phenotyping – the new crop breeding frontier. Trends in Plant Science 19: 52-61. (IF = 12.929)
- Araus, J.L., Ferrio, J.P., Voltas, J., Aguilera, M., Buxó R. 2014. Agronomic conditions and crop evolution in ancient Near East agriculture. Nature Communications 5, Article number: 3953. :10.1038/ncomms4953. (IF = 11.470)
- Yousfi, S., Serret, M.D., Márquez, A.J., Voltas, J., Araus, J.L. 2012. Combined use of δ13C, δ18O and δ15N tracks nitrogen metabolism and genotypic adaptation of durum wheat to salinity and water deficit. New Phytologist 194: 230-244.(IF = 6.736)
- Araus, J.L., Cabrera-Bosquet, L., Sánchez, C. 2010. Is heterosis in maize mediated through better water use? New Phytologist 187: 392–406. (IF = 6.516)